One Site Fits All
You’ll hear the term ‘Responsive’ when someone refers to a web site. Let’s face it. Everyone uses smart phones these days. In fact, over 50% of site users visit from mobile devices, and more and more are being used every day. That means if your site is not responsive, you’ll lose half of your traffic.
So, what does this whole “responsive” thing have to do with it? Responsive design means that we approach design and development with the idea that the site we create for you must respond to the user’s behavior and environment based on screen size, platform and orientation. In layman’s terms, whether it be a phone, pad, tablet or desktop computer, your site is going to be easy to use and it’s going to look fantastic.
Domain names are where it all starts with any web presence when you use the internet. It is your internet address. The domain name is often referred to as a URL; a Uniform Resource Locator.
- You will need a domain.
- They all end in a two or three letter code: .com, .net or .org are the most common ones, but there are others
- Domain names cost roughly $10/year, depending on the endings.
- If you have a domain, you have a home for your site.
- You are really only renting your address, and they can be paid annually or ten years in advance if you like.
Your domain will be resident on a computer somewhere, you pay the hosting company rent for that space as well
- Services like Go-Daddy have web servers where your site, the software and hardware live.
- QWT currently uses a great hosting service called Host Dango with servers in several cities around the country.
- Hosting is anywhere from $4/month to as much as $10-20/month depending on how much space and capacity you need.
- Our managed hosting is $10 per month or $100 per year.
- Managed hosting means we perform maintenance, keep out the viruses and make sure you’re backed up.
- Our hosting, like most hosting companies, guarantee 99.99% uptime.
- If the internet is up, so is your website.
- We also add other services on to this price if you need or want them.
Already have a web site?
- If you do, we’ll bring it up to date and make it easy to update.
- We use a product called WordPress, it’s easy to create and easy to maintain.
- You can create your own ‘content’, using WordPress templates and themes.
- It’s so easy you can maintain it yourself.
- We can create and maintain your content if you wish, that’s one of our services.
- But we don’t just want to build you a website, anyone can do that. We are
- experts in web design, and want to keep you relevent now and in the future.
- That includes using WordPress themes that are artful, elegant and stay current
- with the technology (which changes daily) and anticipating what you’ll need.
What exactly does ‘Responsive’ mean?
- Let’s face it. Everyone uses smart phones these days. In fact, over 50% (and more every day) of site users visit from mobile devices! So, what does this whole “responsive” thing have to do with it? Responsive design means that we approach design and development with the idea that the site we are crafting should respond to the user’s behavior and environment based on screen size, platform and orientation. In layman’s terms, whether it be a phone, tablet or desktop computer, your site is going to be easy to use and it’s going to look fantastic.
Beyond the simple web site or blog.
- Do you need or want to customize our standard themes and templates?
- Shopping carts and E-Commerce
- Advertising – Google AdSense to bring you revenue
- Calendars and Forums
- Customized data forms
- Manage your own ‘content’
- You’ll need a little training or we can point you to places you can learn
- Do you need special graphics, video or other media?
- Perhaps all you need is a WordPress Add-on or ‘Plug-in’
- Galleries for photos and media abound, most are free!
Everyone needs and uses email; it’s part of our hosting.
- Up to ten email addresses for Webmail are included in our hosting.
- Need more? We can even get you set up with Gmail for your non-profit, using your own company name, for free.
- Operating a for profit business? Well, yes google charges for that.
- Not only can we help you design and monetize your email messages, we call them ‘templates’ just like the web sites, but we can introduce you to a number of ways to use email marketing and contact to keep your members and customers informed.
- Mail Chimp
- Constant Contact
- We will help you keep up with all your email requirements.
- We will show you the best practices and ad networks to make sure your site generates income.
- Looking for a new logo?
- Need help with your product design?
- We have a complete ‘Marketing’ department we can call on!
- You name it, we can do it and keep it in your budget.
We built it. We support it. Whenever you need maintenance or design modifications, we will
be there to help you.